Beers for Dad
Father’s Day (17 June) is now one of the on trade’s busiest events. And as most dad’s will want a tipple (or two) to celebrate their big day, Take Stock has brought you a beer guide of what to stock to make sure every dad is catered for – and of course, happy!
Cask & keg
A pint of perfectly served beer has to be one of life’s great pleasures – which is why cask and keg ales are always a favourite tipple. Top offerings in the key categories are:
– served beautifully, Guinness is hard to beat.
– there is so much to choose from in this category, however highly regarded beers include Hop House 13 from the Guinness stable, John Smith’s – Original and Extra Smooth – and Theakston whose range includes Best Bitter, Black Bull Bitter, Lightfoot, XB, and for something a little different, the legendary Old Peculier!
Lagers & ciders
– Fosters, Carling and Heineken Extra Cold will keep your mainstream lager customers happy, while for lovers of stronger lager, a pint of Staropramen will be an ideal offering. Look out for summer specials from brewers too – newly announced Carlsberg 1883 is set to become a best seller. And for cider lovers, you’ll be on to a winner if you’ve top brews like market leading Strongbow, Bulmers and Carling British Cider on tap.
Packaged beers and ciders gives operators the ability to stock a wide range of top brews, without having to buy in barrels. Brilliant for quick service and for incremental sales when linked to beer in bucket style promotions; they’re perfect for this busy day.
– a full-bodied authentic Italian lager
– the iconic lager beer
– Californian craft beers at their finest
– top tasting fruit ciders
Open Gate Citra IPA & Pilsner
– new and exciting brews
– the premium Swedish cider
For the driver & non drinker
No and low alcohol beers have undergone major transformations in recent years, which has led to great improvement in taste and flavour thanks to techniques that remove the alcohol right at the end of a traditional brewing process. Heineken 0.0, Bavaria 0%, Coors Light and Guinness Open Gate Pure Brew are all fantastic examples. Make sure you’ve got a clearly marked display and that there are plenty in your fridges for those dad’s who want an alcohol free day.