First Impressions Last
Whether you’re running a country pub, Michelin-star restaurant, boutique hotel or back-street cafe, one thing that unites everyone is creating the right first impression – because if that fails, so will your business.
That’s why P&G Professional has teamed up with interior designer Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen to make
sure your front of house welcomes, not deters, customers. “Never underestimate the power of the first
impression,” says Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen. “A refreshed look can have a huge impact on people’s perceptions and ensure your guests and residents will keep coming back for more.”
To make sure your customers have a first-class welcome, Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen believes small touches make a big difference.
Here are his top tips:
- Get the simple things right – Go for love at first sight and first sniff. Above all else, make sure your establishment is clean, tidy and smells divine.
- Be passionate – If you show a lack of enthusiasm your guests and residents will too. Enjoy your work and let your passion shine through!
- Use colour – A splash of colour can really bring a room to life. Use light, bright colours to make your business welcoming and airy, and to give a real sense of specialness and personality.
- Be memorable – People will experience many businesses on their travels. Give them a reason to remember you by using individual and unusual design elements. Don’t be frightened to be quirky.
- Make it sensual – Use different elements, shapes, finishes and textures to make your front of house feel that bit more special.
After a nationwide competition, The Cross Inn of Cowbridge, Wales was lucky enough to receive a memorable makeover, courtesy of P&G. The P&G team turned their front of house into a modern,
stylish and noticeably cleaner one.