New Tastes of Britain
British Food Fortnight (19 September – 4 October) is the biggest national celebration of our very own food and drink. Two chefs share their favourite recipes using some of the finest British ingredients…
Held in the autumn to coincide with traditional harvest festivals, British Food Fortnight is organised by Love British Food, and is an opportunity for the industry to come together and promote the benefits of buying and serving food from our home-grown larder.
Why take part?
Whether you are a large brewery chain, hotel or independent restaurant, taking part will help to increase your sales. Promoting the event is proven to have a positive impact on sales – one restaurant increased sales by an astonishing 300% one year. The event gives you the opportunity to attract new customers and
increase spending from existing ones.
How to get involved
· Set yourself a target of putting five locally sourced dishes on your menu
· Experiment with new dishes, create a ‘Chef’s Special’ or even run a special ‘British Food Fortnight’ menu
· Contact your suppliers and get whatever British produce they have
· Promote your participation using the ‘British Food Fortnight’ logo or put a Union Jack on menus or around your premises and give customers discount vouchers for a return visit
· Get staff to promote the event to customers and encourage them to order British
· Be impressive and customers will remember you and return – this will help boost Christmas bookings
Click here for the recipes Wild Mull Sea Trout and Shiso Ceviche, Lobster Thermidor & Treshnish Rack of Lamb Persian-Style with Jewelled Rice.