BBQ Cod Cheek
by Claudia Escobar @Justlovefood – Head chef, @Justlovefood, Leith
- 1 Cod cheek
- 5 rosemary leaves
- 1/4 shallot, finely sliced
- 1 garlic clove or wild, peeled & diced
- Talisker whisky
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Maldon sea salt & mixed freshly ground pepper
- Telicherry - pink, black & green
- 1 lime
- 1 scallop shell
- Season cod with pepper, salt, squeeze of lime and olive oil - do this 10 minutes before cooking
- Place shell over embers to heat up , add shallots, garlic, rosemary, olive oil, pepper.
- When shallots are see through, add cod cheek, cook for 2 mins, turn, add dash of talisker, cook alcohol off.
Cook for 1 more min, adjust seasoning and lime.
- It gives you a mixed flavour between a ceviche and a pil pil. Make sure not to over cook, or it will become tough.
You can also use hake cheeks, monkfish or Halibut.
- Serve with a side salad and a squeeze of citrus fruit