Marmalade, Whisky Bread & Butter Pudding
- 8 slices day-old crusty white bread, crusts removed
- 50g of very soft butter
- 4 tbsp Seville orange marmalade, plus 4 tsp
- 300ml full fat milk
- 248ml pot double cream
- 3 large eggs
- Seeds of 1 vanilla pod
- 4 tbsp golden caster sugar
- 1tbsp whisky
- Icing sugar for dusting
- Butter each slice of bread on both sides then spread 4 with 1 tbsp of marmalade each.
- Pop the remaining bread on top to make 4 marmalade sandwiches. Cut the sandwiches into triangles and nestle in rows in a large baking dish. Heat oven to 160C/140C fan/gas 3.
- Beat the milk, cream, eggs, vanilla, sugar and whisky together then pour over bread. Lave to soak for 30 mins.
- Dot the remaining marmalade all over the top of the pud and dust with icing sugar. Bake for 45 mins to one hour or until puffy and starting to caramelise where the bread breaks out of the custard. Serve hot or warm.