Pexo Blanco Cheese Pasta with Tomato & Herb Sauce
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- Pinch dried chilli flakes
- 100g/3.5oz Pexo Blanco cut into cubes
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 150g/5.5oz any shaped pasta, cooked according to packet instructions.
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil, parsley and a sprinkle of thyne.
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion, garlic and chilli flakes and fry for 2-3 minutes, until softened
- Add the pexo blanco cheese and fry for 2-3 minutes, until golden
- Add the tomato puree, tinned tomatos, pasta and basil and stir together and warm through
- To serve, place into a warm bowl and season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper