Chicken With Mexican Peanut Chocolate Sauce
- 1 can chipotle peppers (chipotle paste could be used instead)
- 120g unsalted peanuts, peeled
- 60g toasted sesame seeds
- 60g peeled almonds, toasted
- 60g pecans
- 60g raisins
- 4 slices of dried bread and fried until golden
- 30g semi-sweet chocolate
- 3 cloves of garlic, roasted
- 2 cinnamon twigs
- 1 tbsp star anise
- 1 tbsp ground pepper
- 1 tortilla sliced and fried
- 1 onion, chopped
- Chicken broth
- Salt to taste
- A pinch of sugar
- Cooked chicken legs, breasts and thighs
- In a large saucepan heat oil and fry nuts, almonds, peanuts, garlic, and onions slightly and set apart until cold. Onions should become transparent.
- Blend to a smooth paste in a blender when cold.
- Add to blender chipotle peppers, sesame seeds, raisins, fried bread, tortilla, cinnamon, pepper, anise, and blend; add chicken broth to obtain a smooth, thick sauce.
- Heat the sauce in a saucepan while stirring with a wooden spoon, if necessary add more chicken broth.
- Add chicken to boiling sauce, lower heat to a minimum and cook for at least 7 minutes.
- Add salt and if necessary a pinch of sugar. .
- Add chocolate, mix well when melted.
- Serve up and satisfy those hungry bellies.
- You could also skewer the chicken for a lovely summer snack.