Chinese Steamed Fish
- 450g fish fillets (salmon or firm white fish such as cod)
- 1.5 tbsp fresh root ginger, finely shredded
- 3 tbsp spring onions, finely shredded
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp groundnut oil
- Handful of fresh coriander sprigs to garnish
- Pat fish dry and cut into big pieces. Put in heatproof dish and scatter evenly with ginger. Wrap tightly in cling film. Can be prepared to here two to three hours ahead, chill.
- Put plate of fish in microwave and cook for three to five mins on full power (time depends on thickness of fish).
- Remove cooked fish. Wait one minute and then pour off any excess liquid that may have accumulated. Scatter onions on the fish with light and dark soy sauces.
- Heat the two oils in a pan until very hot. Pour over fish. Scatter coriander sprigs and serve immediately.