Chocolate & Ginger Tart with Brandy Cream
- TART INGREDIENTS
- 500g plain flour
- 250g Kerrymaid Buttery
- 175g icing sugar
- 6g ground ginger
- 1 1⁄2 eggs
- CHOCOLATE FILLING INGREDIENTS
- 200g dark chocolate (high cocoa %)
- 20g egg yolks
- 175g Kerrymaid Double
- 75g milk
- BRANDY CREAM INGREDIENTS
- 200g Kerrymaid Double
- 20g icing sugar
- 10ml Brandy XO
- Place all ingredients apart from the eggs in a larger heavy duty mixing bowl and mix until the mixture crumbs, then add the eggs to form a dough.
- Remove and cut into four even pieces, wrap in cling film and leave to rest in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Once rested roll out the dough, line the tart cases and return to the fridge.
- Blind bake at 160°C for 10 minutes, allow to cool.
- CHOCOLATE FILLING
- Bring the milk and and Kerrymaid Double to 70°C, whisk in the dark chocolate until combined and allow to cool to 45°C.
- Whisk in the eggs.
- BRANDY CREAM
- Add all the ingredients into a mixing bowl and whip to peaks until the mixture holds its shape.
- Allow the pastry to cool, then add the chocolate mixture and bake at 90°C for 20 minutes.
- Once cooled, serve each tart on a wooden board, with a quenelle of the brandy cream, then dust with icing sugar.
Sign up to receive an electronic version of Take Stock Magazine