Dulse Pesto Pasta
Here, foraging expert Fiona Bird, who lives in the Outer Hebrides and released The Forager’s Kitchen shares her recipe for dulse pesto, which she recommends you use on pasta, pile on top of fish before baking, or add to cream or yoghurt in a sauce.
- Parmesan cheese 1⁄2 cup (30g) grated
- Dried dulse 2 tbsp
- Walnut halves scant 1⁄2 cup (50g)
- Small Lemon juice of one
- Canola (rapeseed) oil approx 1⁄3 cup (75ml)
- Freshly ground black pepper a few twists
- Put all of the ingredients except the oil and pepper into a food processor, and blend well.
- Add enough oil to make a thick paste, and add pepper to taste.
- Put into a small bowl, cover, and refrigerate for up to 10 days, or freeze.