Gnocchi with Fontina Cheese Fondue & White Winter Truffle
- 1kg freshly made gnocchi
- 200g fontina cheese, rind off and cut into small cubes
- 40g butter
- 2 egg yolks
- 100ml milk
- To season ground nutmeg
- White winter truffle, finely sliced
- Soak cheese cubes overnight in milk. Next day, pour both cheese and milk into a double boiler and heat gently.
- When hot, add butter and egg yolks, stirring vigorously with a wooden spoon. Keep stirring, without letting the mixture boil.
- When you have a smooth, thick cream, season with nutmeg.
- Pour the fondue over cooked gnocchi, topping at the last minute with the white truffle.