Jaconde Sponge with Orange & Brazil Nut Custard & Italian Meringue
- JACONDE SPONGE INGREDIENTS
- 250g ground almonds
- 500g eggs
- 100g soft flour
- 75g caster sugar
- 375g egg whites
- 75g Kerrymaid Premium Baking, melted
- 375g icing sugar
- ORANGE & BRAZIL NUT CUSTARD INGREDIENTS
- 200g Kerrymaid Custard
- 3 oranges, zest
- 100g Brazil nuts, chopped
- 4g salt
- ITALIAN MERINGUE INGREDIENTS
- 150g egg whites
- 50g water
- 114g caster sugar
- JACONDE SPONGE
- Whisk icing sugar and eggs to ribbon stage.
- Separately, sieve almonds and flour together.
- Whisk egg whites and caster sugar to semipeak.
- Fold ingredients together (in order you made them). Fold in Kerrymaid Premium Baking.
- Spread over trays in an even 1cm layer and bake for 6-10 minutes at 200°C. Remove from oven and sprinkle with caster sugar.
- ORANGE & BRAZIL NUT CUSTARD
- Combine all ingredients together and mix.
- Spread an even layer over the baked sponge sheets. Gently and carefully roll tightly.
- ITALIAN MERINGUE
- Bring water and sugar to 118°C
- Whisk egg whites to semi-peak and gently rain in hot sugar. Turn mixer to a high speed and whisk until it forms stiff peaks and a glossy texture.
- Spread meringue round rolled sponge using a pallet knife. Gently blow-torch whole pudding until a light brown golden colour.
- Serve with the custard.