- 240g (8 oz) fine or medium oatmeal
- 230g (8 oz) self raising flour
- 230g (8 oz) brown sugar
- 1 1/2 dessertspoons ground ginger
- 225g margarine or butter
- 125g black treacle
- 125g syrup
- 1 egg, beaten
- Put the oatmeal, flour, sugar, salt and ginger in a bowl. Mix it all together.
- Gradually rub in the fat.
- When it is all mixed in add the treacle, golden syrup and egg.
- Mix well. This will make the mixture quite heavy.
- Place in a lined, roasting tin.
- Cook at 150-170 C, 1 - 1 1/2 hours.
- Leave in the tin for approx. 4 days before digging in.