Lavender Shortbread Biscuits
Delicious lavender shortbread flavoured with mint and lemon, a real treat!!
- Butter 350g softened
- Caster Sugar 125g
- Icing sugar 4 tbsp sifted
- Fresh lavender (flowers) 2 tbsp finely chopped
- Fresh mint leaves 1 tbsp chopped
- Lemon zest 1 tsp grated
- Plain flour 325g
- Corn flour 325g
- Pinch of salt
- Cream together butter, caster sugar and icing sugar until light and fluffy.
- Mix in the lavender, mint and lemon zest.
- Add in flour, corn flour and salt, mixing until well blended.
- Divide dough into two balls, wrap in cling film and flatten to about 2.5cm thick before resting in the fridge for about one hour.
- Preheat oven to 170C/gas mark 3.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 6mm thickness. Cut into shapes with scone or biscuit cutters. Place on a baking tray.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes until the biscuits begin to brown at the edges. Cool for a few minutes before transferring to a rack to cool completely.