Parsnip & Apple Soup
- 25g butter
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 600g parsnips, cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 600g Bramley apples, peeled, quartered and cut into chunks
- 1 ltr vegetable or chicken stock
- 150ml cream
- Flaked sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Melt butter and oil in a large saucepan. Gently fry onions and parsnips for 15 minutes, or until onions are softened.
- Add garlic and apples and cook for a further 2 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Pour over stock and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for about 20 minutes, or until parsnips are very soft.
- Remove from heat and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Blend mixture in a food processor until smooth. Stir in cream, adding a little extra if required.
- Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper Serve with parsnip crisps and homemade bread.