Partridge & Mushrooms
- 375g mushrooms sliced
- 50g butter
- 2 partridges (Young birds)
- Salad cress to garnish
- For the sauce:
- 45 g butter
- plain 40g flour, sieved
- 475 ml stock
- 120 ml sherry
- Melt the butter in your frying pan and then simmer the mushrooms. Season them with a pinch of salt and pepper, then stuff the partridges with them.
- Place the partridges in a casserole tin and cook in a hot oven 200°C until the partridges are nicely browned.
- Make the sauce whilst you are waiting for the partridges to cook. Put the butter in a saucepan, melt and add the flour. Cook for 2 minutes stirring reguarly, then gradually add in the stock.
- When the sauce is thick enough, stir in the sherry and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the sauce when it is ready, over the partridges in the caserole dish and then put it back in the oven to cook for a further 40/45 minutes.
- Serve with fresh vegetables and roast potatoes.