Roast Duck & Orange Sauce
- 1 duck weighing about 5 lb (2.3 kg)
- THE SAUCE
- 130g powdered sugar
- 120g butter, softened
- 60ml orange juice
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 2 medium eggs, yolks only
Calories per serving: 615
- Preheat the oven to about 200°C (400°F, gas mark 6)
- Set aside the the duck giblets. Cut the duck in half by cutting either side of the backbone and through the breastbone.
- Then cut each half between the leg and breast to make four portions.
- Prick the skin of the portions several times with a metal skewer and then place them on a roasting rack in a roasting tin. Roast the duck portions for 1 hour.
- For the sauce:
Combine all the ingredients in a saucepan and heat over a low heat. Cook for approx.10 minutes stirring constantly until the sauce is of a good consistency.