Roasted Aubergine, Feta & Lemon
- 1 large aubergine, sliced lengthways 1.5cm thick
- 1 small packet Greek feta cheese
- Handful fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, sliced in half (skin on)
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Few glugs of extra virgin olive oil
- Lightly oil aubergine slices and fry for a few minutes each side until lightly golden. Remove from pan.
- Gently rub aubergine with cut side of garlic. Crumble feta into a bowl, add a decent hit of olive oil, season with black pepper. Add parsley and lemon juice, and mix.
- Place each aubergine slice on a lightly oiled baking tray and spoon on the mix. Grill for 2-3 mins - don’t let it melt, just merge.
- Serve with new potatoes dressed in olive oil and a scattering of dried mint, with a simple side salad or place on a platter for a sharing dish.