Roasted Strawberry, Coconut & Lime Ice Lolly
- 2 heaped cups strawberries - hulled/halved
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- ¾ cup Coconut milk
- ¾ cup Coconut water
- ½ cup Coconut cream
- Lime juice of ½ a lime
- Ice lolly molds (600ml capacity. Double the recipe if you have larger or more molds to fill)
- Preheat the oven to 200 C (400 F). Place the hulled and halved strawberries in a baking tray. (If the strawberries are large, you may need to quarter them).
- Lightly dust with corn flour using a sifter, make sure there are no clumps of corn flour.
- Roast the strawberries for 30 minutes or until the juice is slightly caramelised.
- Remove and allow to cool.
- In a blender, add the coconut milk, coconut cream, coconut water, lime juice and half of the roasted strawberries. Blend until smooth.
- Divide the remaining roasted strawberries between each icy pop mold.
- Pour the blended coconut mixture into each icy pop mold to fill. Freeze overnight.
- If you have excess mixture, you can store it in an airtight container in the fridge and make a second batch. Take the frozen ice lollies from the molds and store in an airtight container in the freezer; layer with baking paper so they don’t stick together.