Roquefort and Walnut Crostini
Roquefort and walnut crostinis are the perfect dinner party treat and would work just as well with any blue cheese. They would also make a delicious sophisticated appetizer that anybody can enjoy.
- 300g/ml Creative Base
- 300ml Fresh Cream
- 500g Roquefort
- 2 Granny Smith apples
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Crostini (or other toasted bread or crackers)
- 150g walnuts, finely chopped
- Whip the Creative Base on medium speed until it breaks down to a cream consistency.
- Add the fresh cream and Roquefort and continue to whip until all ingredients are blended.
- Put the mixture into a piping bag and place in the refrigerator for 2hrs to firm.
- Cut the apples into small cubes then squeeze some lemon juice on top.
- Pipe the mixture onto the top of the crostini and decorate each with apple cubes and walnuts.