Sticky Mango Chicken
Serves: 2- 4
- Chicken breast 2 cut in half
- Mango chutney 2 tbsp
- Dark brown sugar 1 tbsp
- Lime juice ½ lime
- Soy sauce 1 tsp
- Spinach 100g washed
- Mango ½ large, peeled and chopped
- Dried cranberries 40g
- Toasted pine nuts 1 ½ tbsp (optional)
- Vegetable oil 3 tbsp
- Balsamic vinegar 1 tbsp
- Sugar 1 tsp
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to season
- Mix together the mango chutney, sugar, lime juice, soy sauce and some pepper.
- Pour over chicken and marinate for at least one hour, turning occasionally.
- Pre-heat grill to medium high, drain marinade from the chicken and reserve.
- Place chicken on baking tray and grill for about 6 minutes.
- Remove chicken from grill and spoon over sauce. Return to grill for about 3 minutes or until the chicken is turning golden and cooked through.
- Mix oil, vinegar, salt, pepper and sugar together for the salad dressing. In a bowl, combine the spinach, mango and cranberries and toss with the dressing.
- Sprinkle toasted pine nuts on top (if using)