- 50ml good quality white rum
- A handful of fresh mint
- 1 lime - quartered
- 20ml fresh lime juice
- 25ml strawberry sugar syrup
- 75ml soda water
- Crushed ice
- Cocktail spoon
- Tall cocktail glass
- Garnish with fresh strawberries on the lip of the glass.
- First start by muddling 5 or 6 lime wedges together in your cocktail glass. Then add in your fresh lime juice, strawberry sugar syrup, rum and mint leaves and muddle together again. Be careful not to over muddle - you want the mint leaves bruised rather than broken.
- Top the glass up with crushed ice. Then stir using a using a cocktail spoon until all the ingredients are thoroughly mixed. Top up to the brim with soda water and stir again.
- Taste the cocktail for sweetness and add some more strawberry syrup to taste.
- Garnish with a couple of strawberries and two straws.