Thai Chicken Broth
- Cooking oil 10ml
- Banana shallot finely sliced 100g
- Garlic clove 1 Crushed
- Ginger root finely shredded 20g
- Red chilli ½ finely sliced with no seeds
- Sliced red pepper 100g
- Button mushrooms small 100g washed
- Essential Cuisine Chicken Stock 20g
- Coconut milk 800ml
- Double cream 200ml
- Barts red Thai curry paste 1tbsp (or to taste)
- Thai fish sauce 2tbsp
- Kaffir lime leaves 2
- Lemon grass sticks 2 lightly crushed (will be removed)
- Skinless chicken breasts 4 small, cut into long strips
- Fresh lime juice 1tbsp
- Freshly ground pepper good Twist of
- Sea Salt season to your taste
- Chopped coriander 1tbsp
- Heat the oil in a suitably sized saucepan, gently fry the shallots and garlic until soft but with not too much colour.
- Stir in the ginger, chilli, red peppers and mushrooms.
- Add the Essential Cuisine Chicken Stock mix, coconut milk and cream, bring to the boil.
- Stir in the Thai curry paste, fish sauce, lime leaves and lemon grass.
- Simmer for 5 minutes then add the chicken strips, stirring well to separate the flesh.
- Cook for 5-10 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked through.
- Remove the lime leaves and lemon grass stalks, add the lime juice, add hot water to adjust the consistency if required.
- Season to your taste with sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Your Thai Spiced Chicken and Coconut Broth is now ready to serve.